PALMERSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB RULES
1. Birth Certificate should be shown to team managers so that all schoolboy/schoolgirl players
play within their legal age group.
2. In order to play football for Palmerstown Rangers Football Club, all schoolboys
and schoolgirls must have signed a membership form and paid the appropriate
membership fee before the first match of the season.
3. Players two weeks in arrears with their subs will not be considered for selection
until arrears are paid in full.
4. It is the responsibility of each player who is fined through sending off etc.. to pay the
5. Respect should be shown for all Managers, Referees, Committee Members,
Trainers and all other members.
6. All members must abide by the Pavilion and ground rules.
7. Failure to turn up for team training without a valid reason could result in
non-selection for matches.
8. Misconduct before, during or after training, or a match, will not be tolerated and could
result in cancellation of membership
9. Any player under the influence of alcohol or other substances will not be permitted to
play a match or take part in training.
10. Players should arrive in time for matches and training.
11. Shin guards must be worn at training and for all matches.
12. No jewellery to be worn at training or matches.
13. No member under the age of eighteen is permitted to use the showers in the pavilion.
14. It is the responsibility of each player to look after his/her own property. The schoolboy
committee shall not be responsible for any property left behind in the pavilion or grounds.
15. No team within the club shall raise money whether it is to provide for a team function,
or to buy football gear, or to provide for a trip away, without the permission of
the schoolboy committee.
16. Membership fees and match fees to be set by the committee and voted in at the A.G.M. prior
to commencement of the new season.
17. All teams should give their support to all fund raising projects.
18. The presentation of the trophies for Palmerstown Rangers Football Club will be held for all
teams at schoolboy level on a date to be decided by the schoolboy committee but never in an
establishment where alcohol is being served. Furthermore any function arranged
by Palmerstown Rangers Football Club where children under 18 will be present, may not
be held in an establishment where alcohol is served.
If the committee decide to caution suspend or cancel the membership of a member for committing any of the above offences or any offence they deem unsporting, the secretary must write to the member informing him/her of the committee’s decision. The members may appeal by letter against the committee’s decision within fourteen days of having received the secretary’s letter. The member may attend the meeting at which the committee will consider the appeal and then inform the member of their decision. The second decision is final.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 11:51